A word of warning for online blackjack players. Do not use the Mimic the Dealer or Never Bust strategies when playing blackjack. Although some players may claim these strategies work great for them, the odds guarantee that they will fail badly in the long run.
You may experience mild success playing these two strategies, but the House will catch up to you in no time at all – And when they do, they will have a great advantage over you.
Using the Mimic the Dealer strategy, which basically says to stand on seventeen, is not a wise because the dealer does much more than hit sixteen and stand on seventeen. The dealer has the advantage of going last, which means if she busts, she does not always lose, whereas the player does. This strategy has a House Edge of a whopping 5.5%.
The Never Bust Strategy only means the player will win 29% of the time, because that is how much the dealer busts. The other 71% of the time means the dealer will have gotten 17 through 21, which is a hard hand to beat, even if you don’t bust. This strategy increases the House Edge by 4%, and does not allow the full benefit of the Basic Blackjack online Strategy to come into play, which you should always be using when playing blackjack in the online casino.
As Online Gambling Advertising Threats Are Reduced Freedom Of Speech Case Withdrawn
Online-Casinos readers could be forgiven for believing that the intimidating tactics adopted by the Department of Justice to put off the media from allowing advertisements from online casino gambling companies, was all in the past.
With the news however, last week, that a recognized media group had paid up to $7 million to put off a Department of Justice confrontation it would some to be not so.
However, it is fair to say that the Department’s efforts have in recent times become low profile using techniques such as writing to U.S. media executives with the intent of warning them that carrying online gambling advertising may be considered as being illegal.
There were heavy rumors at the International Casino Exhibition in London last week, which have now been confirmed, that spirited Casino City head Michael Corfman had dropped his company’s case against the U.S. Department of Justice.
The action was begun in the summer of 2004, and involved the hiring of a first rate legal team. It was filed in order to seek a ruling on the part of the U.S. court system determining whether particular actions carried out by the Department of Justice with the intent of discouraging online gambling advertisements are in violation of the U.S. Constitution’s first amendment.
President Michael Corfman of Casino City explained that the apparently long period of silence emanating from the Justice Department as regards online gambling advertisements took a major role in his decision to break off the litigation.
This, unfortunately, would appear to leave a clear field for additional Department of Justice threats lacking prosecutions that have been so effective in frightening off many media companies in the States, away from online gambling advertisements.